Often it becomes challenging to convey to your kids the healthy advantages of eating veggies. Therefore, when you are going to make a green smoothie for kids, you have to consider a few things to make it kid friendly. Making a kid friendly green smoothies not only helps you develop healthy eating habits for your kids, it is fun as well! Following are some useful tips and tricks to make a green smoothie for kids.
- If you try to shift your child to a totally green smoothie at once, it will not produce the desired results. Therefore, you have to remember to take baby steps. A smooth transition towards accepting the taste of green veggies is extremely important. Initially you have to prepare smoothies that are full of fruit, and only a small quantity of green vegetables is included. You gradually have to increase the quantity of the green stuff over time as your little ones taste pallet becomes accustomed to it.
- You also have to become a model for the kids, when it comes to eat green smoothies. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander right? You have to drink green smoothies everyday in front of your kids so they become aware of the benefits of this healthy food.As we all know kids love to accept challenges, therefore, issue one to your child. Hold a versus contest with you against your child to see who can drink it the quickest, or the most of one batch, etc. Motivating your child to eat a healthy diet is essential for the development of healthy habits. Contests will help with that.
- You can assign names to your green smoothies, naming them after things like favorite comic characters, in order to develop the interest of your child, Comic book super hero names make green smoothie for kids!
- To increase interest in your child, you can add bendy straws to your smoothies.
- Change the appearance of your green smoothies with one of the embellishments. You can use flowers to garnish, or a paper parasol. These will make a green smoothie one special treat for your kid!
- Remember, go for green veggies that your child likes. For example green Spinach, and fresh kale are two of the most popular greens because of their inherent sweet taste.
- Also, when you are making a green smoothie for kids, you need to involve the kid in the process. Take your child to the grocery store to shop around for green smoothie ingredients. The idea is build a level of interest in your child. Shopping together does just that.
- While preparing a green smoothie for kids, the serving process is also very important as you have to serve it in an attractive style. We mentioned a few ideas above, but feel free to come up with your own. Use funny shaped glasses and such to pique their curiosity.
Green Smoothie for Kids is a Must
Green leafy vegetables are never easy to digest, but when you drink these veggies in the liquid shape, it becomes extremely easy. Research has revealed that humans always resist any type of changes in their diet. However, by making your child aware of the countless benefits of green smoothies, you can build a habit that lasts a lifetime. Turning your child into a healthy person is the duty of every parent. Working with the above mentioned tips and tricks, you can easily make a green smoothie for kids that is attractive and tasty!
Here is a quick recipe that you can try:
a handful of spinach leaves
1/2 peeled sweet kiwi
1/2 cup of seedless green grapes
use a slice of orange to decorate.
More Smoothie Recipes Brought to you by homeremedy101.net